The following recommendations are suggested to easily take-up disruptive technologies whenever available:
- I/O and Memory disruption: analyse alternatives to parallel file systems, set application I/O functionalities at an higher level (Data container) or better data locality, promote tiered memory and I/O systems
- Cooling technologies and facility management: energy aware monitoring systems, schedulers and applications. Join efforts with energy company, or re-use heat.
- Network infrastructure: adaptive topology to enhance the routing capability, active network chips to process “on the fly” data, direct end-to-end data exchange technology could reduce overheads and congestions
- Data transfer: photonic technology adoption and HPC and BigData synergy may accelerate the roadmap
- Semiconductor technology: fine grain resource management could mitigate extreme parallelism, tiny “codelets” like dataflow or intelligent scheduling close to data could avoid costly movements.